Swing Bed Program
For more information, call (601) 774-8214
The Swing Bed Program at Laird Hospital provides you with the very best in rehabilitative and recuperative care. Our staff of professionals can help you or your family member regain the skills necessary for an independent lifestyle. We work with you to help manage your health once you have been discharged.
The inpatient program provides recuperative care for those who have been hospitalized for an illness or who meet certain criteria. Admissions to the Swing Bed Program are made through your physician and the Swing Bed Coordinator. You must be evaluated prior to admission to ensure that swing bed is the most appropriate level of care.
The Swing Bed Program bridges the gap between acute hospital care and the return to home or to assisted living.
Patients admitted to the Swing Bed Program must meet certain requirements. Identification of the need for specialized care may be as early as the first hospital day or sometimes prior to admission to the hospital.
- You must have been hospitalized for a minimum or three nights in an acute-care hospital 30 days prior to admission to swing bed for the same condition.
- You must require at least one skilled service.
- You must be assessed and accepted by all team disciplines and accepted by all team disciplines.
- You must have an accepted physician on the Laird Hospital staff.
Skilled Services Offered
- Rehabilitation, including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Wound Care
- Intravenous Therapy
- 24-Hour Professional Nursing Care
- Medication Adjustments
- Nutrition Assessment and Support
Other Services Offered
- Case Management
- Social Services
- Pastoral Care
- Discharge Planning